Software Updates

Want to talk about something? Life? Faith? This is the place.
User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi Caroline,
I get a full listing of every meeting now, but I do not get the most recent comments popping up, nor do I know which meeting is the most current topic now, as I would see before the updates. And when I click on a meeting, I get Page 1, not the most recent page.
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 2:33 pm

I reset the page size and things seem to come back 'into focus'. Now I can see what the most recent topic is, and who posted there.
Sorry to cause a small tempest in a teapot here, Caroline.
Peace and blessings,
Joe
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Here is a possible tiny issue, Caroline:
My profile says:
"Last active:Sat May 19, 2018 2:03 pm"

However, I have posted today, Sat May 26, 2018 9:26 am
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Caroline
Site Admin
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm
Location: On the settee
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Caroline » Sat May 26, 2018 2:41 pm

That is the last time you were active before you logged on this time - there wouldn't be much point in telling you that you'd just logged on - you know that! If you log out and back in again and it doesn't show the previous one, let me know.

Edited to add that you didn't post here at 9.26am today. Your last posts were (in UK timezone):
Sat May 19, 2018 7:03 pm - your Blog, and your last activity
Sat May 26, 2018 2:29 pm - this thread
Sat May 26, 2018 2:33 pm - this thread
Sat May 26, 2018 2:37 pm - this thread

I believe that the one recorded by forum time as 2:29pm would be 9:29am for you, but that was while you were logged in this current time.
Kindness is underrated.

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 2:57 pm

But now I cannot seem to log out...

Forever yours?

:confused:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Caroline
Site Admin
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm
Location: On the settee
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Caroline » Sat May 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Click on your name, top right below the header, and the log out option is the last on the list - not something that has changed for a very long time.
Kindness is underrated.

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Caroline wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:58 pm
Click on your name, top right below the header, and the log out option is the last on the list - not something that has changed for a very long time.
Still trying that customary move, Caroline, to no success. So I will try rebooting my computer. Something seems awry, but I am 'signed in at both here and the Courtyard, and cannot seem to be able to log off in either. Zzzzzz......
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:04 pm
Caroline wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:58 pm
Click on your name, top right below the header, and the log out option is the last on the list - not something that has changed for a very long time.
Still trying that customary move, Caroline, to no success. So I will try rebooting my computer. Something seems awry, but I am 'signed in at both here and the Courtyard, and cannot seem to be able to log off in either. Zzzzzz......
Reboot did not sign me out. Suggestions?
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Caroline
Site Admin
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm
Location: On the settee
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Caroline » Sat May 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Is the log out link visible when you click on your name?
Kindness is underrated.

User avatar
Caroline
Site Admin
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm
Location: On the settee
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Caroline » Sat May 26, 2018 3:18 pm

If you don't have the 'Remember me' box ticked when you log in your session will expire after 60 minutes of inactivity anyway, and your name will disappear from the 'logged in' list after 5 minutes of inactivity.

If you delete your cookies you will automatically be logged out.
Kindness is underrated.

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 3:22 pm

Caroline wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:14 pm
Is the log out link visible when you click on your name?
Yes, Log out is visible. I deleted cookies on my machine, and that worked for B***e, and it still remembers my password. But now I have to sign in there. Good, progress.

However, Courtyard is still 'hot', alive, alive-O...for me. I am continuously signed in at this particular point. I will try the delete cookies on my machine again to see it maybe that will work here.
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:22 pm
Caroline wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:14 pm
Is the log out link visible when you click on your name?
Yes, Log out is visible. I deleted cookies on my machine, and that worked for B***e, and it still remembers my password. But now I have to sign in there. Good, progress.

However, Courtyard is still 'hot', alive, alive-O...for me. I am continuously signed in at this particular point. I will try the delete cookies on my machine again to see it maybe that will work here.
Second try to eliminate cookies did not work here for me, so I am still 'signed in' here, permanently, at this point...
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:25 pm
Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:22 pm
Caroline wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:14 pm
Is the log out link visible when you click on your name?
Yes, Log out is visible. I deleted cookies on my machine, and that worked for B***e, and it still remembers my password. But now I have to sign in there. Good, progress.

However, Courtyard is still 'hot', alive, alive-O...for me. I am continuously signed in at this particular point. I will try the delete cookies on my machine again to see it maybe that will work here.
Second try to eliminate cookies did not work here for me, so I am still 'signed in' here, permanently, at this point...
Clicked on the little 'accept cookies' again, and it worked. Now, I can sign off. And it still remembers my Password. However, I am still posting even though I did not sign in again. :cloud:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:27 pm
Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:25 pm
Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:22 pm


Yes, Log out is visible. I deleted cookies on my machine, and that worked for B***e, and it still remembers my password. But now I have to sign in there. Good, progress.

However, Courtyard is still 'hot', alive, alive-O...for me. I am continuously signed in at this particular point. I will try the delete cookies on my machine again to see it maybe that will work here.
Second try to eliminate cookies did not work here for me, so I am still 'signed in' here, permanently, at this point...
Clicked on the little 'accept cookies' again, and it worked. Now, I can sign off. And it still remembers my Password. However, I am still posting even though I did not sign in again. :cloud:
Perhaps someone said a prayer in Welsh, and now it works. I can sign out. I almost had everlasting life in i-church. :lol:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:30 pm
Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:27 pm
Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Second try to eliminate cookies did not work here for me, so I am still 'signed in' here, permanently, at this point...
Clicked on the little 'accept cookies' again, and it worked. Now, I can sign off. And it still remembers my Password. However, I am still posting even though I did not sign in again. :cloud:
Perhaps someone said a prayer in Welsh, and now it works. I can sign out. I almost had everlasting life in i-church. :lol:
Now, the posts above became a bit strange, became visible in a small margin column, but let's leave that for another day of headache. :sing2:
Many thanks, for getting these issues settled, Caroline. :)
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Caroline
Site Admin
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm
Location: On the settee
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Caroline » Sat May 26, 2018 3:36 pm

That sounds as though it's down to your screen settings again Joe.
Kindness is underrated.

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 3:41 pm

Caroline wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:36 pm
That sounds as though it's down to your screen settings again Joe.
It is just different from before, Caroline, but not a problem.
Many thanks.
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:41 pm
Caroline wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:36 pm
That sounds as though it's down to your screen settings again Joe.
It is just different from before, Caroline, but not a problem.
Many thanks.
But going to the small size again, I think you are indeed right, Caroline.
Many thanks.

PPS--Well, I cannot reproduce the small margin thing now.

PPPS--I kind of liked everlasting life here.... :lol:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat May 26, 2018 10:19 pm

I did notice I need to 'accept the cookies' each and every time in order to sign out/in.

Maybe once would be enough?

Not to worry--I accepted them again, and again.
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Caroline
Site Admin
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm
Location: On the settee
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Caroline » Sun May 27, 2018 10:15 am

You will only need to accept them again if you have removed the cookies. Do you have your browser set to clear cookies when you turn it off?

Once you accept them they will stay put unless you remove them, in which instance you will be asked for permission again when the site needs to place them.
Kindness is underrated.

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:33 am

Caroline wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 10:15 am
You will only need to accept them again if you have removed the cookies. Do you have your browser set to clear cookies when you turn it off?

Once you accept them they will stay put unless you remove them, in which instance you will be asked for permission again when the site needs to place them.
The request keeps appearing at the page top, but I didn't have to accept it this time. But my sign in seemed to go round and round...
= = = = =
And now I cannot seem to be able to sign out. Maybe I broke something?
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Caroline
Site Admin
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm
Location: On the settee
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Caroline » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 am

Oops - I deleted your duplicate replies, but seem to have got rid of all of them by mistake.

In any case, you were saying that you accepted cookies, tried again and it worked.

As I said before, the request to accept cookies will only reappear if you have removed the cookies you previously accepted. Once you have removed the cookies the software no longer has the cookie that says that you have accepted them, so it has to ask you again.
Kindness is underrated.

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Caroline wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 am
Oops - I deleted your duplicate replies, but seem to have got rid of all of them by mistake.

In any case, you were saying that you accepted cookies, tried again and it worked.

As I said before, the request to accept cookies will only reappear if you have removed the cookies you previously accepted. Once you have removed the cookies the software no longer has the cookie that says that you have accepted them, so it has to ask you again.
Thanks. Got in OK this time, Caroline, but last evening it took a couple of tries 'accepting cookies' -- now I need to go on a diet. :biggrin:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:25 pm
Caroline wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 am
Oops - I deleted your duplicate replies, but seem to have got rid of all of them by mistake.

In any case, you were saying that you accepted cookies, tried again and it worked.

As I said before, the request to accept cookies will only reappear if you have removed the cookies you previously accepted. Once you have removed the cookies the software no longer has the cookie that says that you have accepted them, so it has to ask you again.
Thanks. Got in OK this time, Caroline, but last evening it took a couple of tries 'accepting cookies' -- now I need to go on a diet. :biggrin:
Oh, dear, I cannot sign out again. but now the 'accept cookies' popped up and when I click it I should be able to sign off; the cookie note did not appear when I signed in, however.... (Can we get some chocolate covered ones?)
Peace and blessings,
Joe

User avatar
Joe Parrish
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA
Contact:

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:39 pm
Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:25 pm
Caroline wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 am
Oops - I deleted your duplicate replies, but seem to have got rid of all of them by mistake.

In any case, you were saying that you accepted cookies, tried again and it worked.

As I said before, the request to accept cookies will only reappear if you have removed the cookies you previously accepted. Once you have removed the cookies the software no longer has the cookie that says that you have accepted them, so it has to ask you again.
Thanks. Got in OK this time, Caroline, but last evening it took a couple of tries 'accepting cookies' -- now I need to go on a diet. :biggrin:
Oh, dear, I cannot sign out again. but now the 'accept cookies' popped up and when I click it I should be able to sign off; the cookie note did not appear when I signed in, however.... (Can we get some chocolate covered ones?)
Alas, I think I broke a cookie or two, Caroline. I don't get the 'accept cookie' note until I try to sign out, then go back to a meeting, then try to sign out again, when I do get the 'cookie note', and then I accept and can sign out (I think).
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Post Reply