Software Updates

Want to talk about something? Life? Faith? This is the place.
Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Caroline wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 am
Oops - I deleted your duplicate replies, but seem to have got rid of all of them by mistake.

In any case, you were saying that you accepted cookies, tried again and it worked.

As I said before, the request to accept cookies will only reappear if you have removed the cookies you previously accepted. Once you have removed the cookies the software no longer has the cookie that says that you have accepted them, so it has to ask you again.
Thanks. Got in OK this time, Caroline, but last evening it took a couple of tries 'accepting cookies' -- now I need to go on a diet. :biggrin:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:25 pm
Caroline wrote:
Oops - I deleted your duplicate replies, but seem to have got rid of all of them by mistake.

In any case, you were saying that you accepted cookies, tried again and it worked.

As I said before, the request to accept cookies will only reappear if you have removed the cookies you previously accepted. Once you have removed the cookies the software no longer has the cookie that says that you have accepted them, so it has to ask you again.
Thanks. Got in OK this time, Caroline, but last evening it took a couple of tries 'accepting cookies' -- now I need to go on a diet. :biggrin:
Oh, dear, I cannot sign out again. but now the 'accept cookies' popped up and when I click it I should be able to sign off; the cookie note did not appear when I signed in, however.... (Can we get some chocolate covered ones?)
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Joe Parrish

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:39 pm
Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:25 pm
Caroline wrote:

Oh, dear, I cannot sign out again. but now the 'accept cookies' popped up and when I click it I should be able to sign off; the cookie note did not appear when I signed in, however.... (Can we get some chocolate covered ones?)
Alas, I think I broke a cookie or two, Caroline. I don't get the 'accept cookie' note until I try to sign out, then go back to a meeting, then try to sign out again, when I do get the 'cookie note', and then I accept and can sign out (I think).
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Caroline
Site Admin

Software Updates

Post by Caroline » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:30 pm

It is the fact that your device is set to delete cookies that is causing the problem Joe.

Unless you are worried about someone else using your device after you there is no need to log out. Your session will be ended automatically after an hour of inactivity. If you have 'Remember me' ticked it will then automatically log you on when you return, but you won't have been logged on for all the time in between.
Kindness is underrated.

Joe Parrish

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Caroline wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:30 pm
It is the fact that your device is set to delete cookies that is causing the problem Joe.

Unless you are worried about someone else using your device after you there is no need to log out. Your session will be ended automatically after an hour of inactivity. If you have 'Remember me' ticked it will then automatically log you on when you return, but you won't have been logged on for all the time in between.
Well, my computer does not delete cookies except when I turn it off at the end of each day. So this phenomena still has me puzzled. But not to worry, Courtyard still works fine but seems to have 'start up' issues each day when the cookies need to be accepted more than once for me to be able to sign out, not sign in, which is a bit strange but not a headache.
Thanks for all your work for us, Caroline.
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Joe Parrish

Software Updates

Post by Joe Parrish » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Joe Parrish wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:17 pm
Caroline wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Well, my computer does not delete cookies except when I turn it off at the end of each day. So this phenomena still has me puzzled. But not to worry, Courtyard still works fine but seems to have 'start up' issues each day when the cookies need to be accepted more than once for me to be able to sign out, not sign in, which is a bit strange but not a headache.
Thanks for all your work for us, Caroline.
Hooray, my cookie issue has resolved itself.
Thanks for absolutely everything you do for us, Caroline.
Peace and blessings,
Joe