Parliament

Want to talk about something? Life? Faith? This is the place.
Ernest
Auxilium

Parliament

Post by Ernest » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:39 am

I am currently in shock over the vast changes in Government made by our new PM as he puts together a new government. Out with the old, in with the new, or not so new.

Only time will tell how all of this works out in reality, but many good ministers are now on the back benches, and Boris appears to have cheerfully increased the opposition to his policy of leaving Europe without a deal.

I thought that Parliament was in chaos before, it will be a shouting match now.

I thought that Mrs May left with grace, and despite her mistakes, I believe that we will miss her.

All I can see is prayers are needed more than ever for our Parliament and the things that strikes me is the BCP Prayer for it. (in the early rendition of it, with Queen Substituted where appropriate.

MOST gratious God, we humbly beseech thee, as for this Kingdom in generall, so especially for the high Court of Parliament, under our most religious, and gratious Queen, at this time assembled: That thou wouldst be pleased to direct and prosper all their consultations to the advancement of thy glory, the good of thy Church, the safety honour and welfare of our Soveraign, and her kingdoms; that all things may be so ordered and setled by their endeavors upon the best and surest foundations, that peace and happiness, truth and justice, religion and Piety may be established among us for all generations. These and all other necessaries for them, for us, and thy whole Church, we humbly begg in the Name and Mediation of Jesus Christ our most blessed Lord and Saviour. Amen.
:votive1:
Where there is hope and love there is life!
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

Pam
Web Pastor

Parliament

Post by Pam » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:35 pm

I guess our new PM feels he has to make a big impact in a short time, and, having promised to deliver Brexit, has gathered the team he feels can do that. I can't really criticise him, even though a lot of good ministers have been sidelined - that's politics, I suppose, and they will be aware of the precariousness of their position when they take office. church' and 'world' to pray for all those in leadership, whether I agree with them or not!

One thing we *can* do, and are encouraged to do, is to pray for those in government, for wisdom particularly. Whenever I lead worship in church, I use the prayer headings 'church' and 'world' to pray for those in leadership, whether I agree with them or not!