Wednesday Worship

Want to talk about something? Life? Faith? This is the place.
Jennifer

Wednesday Evening Worship.

Post by Jennifer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi Everyone,
Please do join us for a reflection and meditation on "The Tale of The Three Trees" in the chapel tonight at 8.30pm. You are very welcome to join me, even if you're a little late just come along and join in.

Ros

Wednesday Worship: Lenten Journey at Glastonbury Abbey

Post by Ros » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Please join me on a photographic journey through Lent at Glastonbury Abbey!
Glastonbury Abbey small.jpg
Our reflections will be focused on the signs of hope that accompany Jesus' road to the cross. Each will include a story from the second half of Mark's Gospel together with photographs from Glastonbury Abbey.

They begin at 8.30 pm GMT today (29th February) with a reflection on prayer inspired by Mark 9:14-29.

Please enter the chapel via the "Lent Journey 1" link in Chapel and Chat so that you will be able to view the audio-visual resources. These will continue to be available after the service, but don't include the prayers (or the companionship!). If you have a slow connection, you may want to come a little early so that the resources have time to load.

Ros

Post by Ros » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Thorn 1.jpg
Apologies for the late notice! I've been busy!

Today's reflection at 8.30 pm GMT is around the theme of "New Life".

Please enter the chapel via the "Lent Journey 2" link in Chapel and Chat so that you will be able to view the audio-visual resources. If you have a slow connection, you may want to come a little early so that the resources have time to load.

The resources will continue to be available after the service and can be accessed without logging into the chat room.

Ros

Post by Ros » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 am

Stones 1 small.jpg
Today's reflection has the theme "Living Stones" and is based around Mark 11:12-17; Mark 13:1-2

Please join me at 8.30 pm (GMT) in the chapel!

You will need to enter the chapel via the "Lenten Journey 3" link in Chapel and Chat so that you will be able to view the audio-visual resources. These will continue to be available after the service and can be accessed without logging into the chat room, but they don't include the prayers (or the companionship!). If you have a slow connection, you may want to come a little early so that the resources have time to load.

Ros

Post by Ros » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:36 am

Lavender 2 small.jpg
Today's reflection has the theme "Fragrance" and is based around Mark 14:1-9

You are very welcome to join me at 8.30 pm (GMT) in the chapel!

You will need to enter the chapel via the "Lenten Journey 4" link in Chapel and Chat so that you will be able to view the audio-visual resources. If you have a slow connection, you may want to come a little early so that the resources have time to load.

As before, the resources will continue to be available after the service. They can be accessed without logging into the chat room, but they don't include the prayers (or the companionship!).

Ros

Post by Ros » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm really sorry. I'm not going to be able to do this after all this evening. I have developed a sick headache...

Would folks be interested in having a service tomorrow evening instead or would you rather wait until next week?

Jae
Auxilium

Post by Jae » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Tonights service has been postponed and we all wish Ros better :votive1:

Watch this space for news of rescheduling :thumbs:
In the triumph of prayer
Twofold is the spell.
With the folding of hands
There's a spreading of wings
And the soul's lifted up to invisible lands
And ineffable peace .....

Evelyn Underhill <><

Joyce

Post by Joyce » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:23 pm

GWS Ros !
:votive2: :votive1: :minicandle:

Pam
Web Pastor

Post by Pam » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Aw sorry Ros, get well soon.

:votive1: :votive2: :votive1:

ruthb

Post by ruthb » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:40 pm

Sorry to hear you're unwell Ros - hope you're feeling better soon

:minicandle:

Emle

Post by Emle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Get well soon Ros we missed you :bye:

Joe Parrish
Location: Antigua, New York City, and New York and New Jersey and Connecticut and Tennessee, USA

Post by Joe Parrish » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:55 am

:praying: Ros :praying:
Peace and blessings,
Joe

Jae
Auxilium

Post by Jae » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:26 am

Normal service will be resumed next week :thumbs:
In the triumph of prayer
Twofold is the spell.

Evelyn Underhill <><

Ros

Post by Ros » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. They were much appreciated :)

I'm feeling much better this week, so tonight's service should go ahead as planned.

It has the theme "Fragrance" and is based around Mark 14:1-9

You are very welcome to join me at 8.30 pm (GMT) in the chapel!

You will need to enter the chapel via the "Lenten Journey 4" link in Chapel and Chat so that you will be able to view the audio-visual resources. If you have a slow connection, you may want to come a little early so that the resources have time to load.

As before, the resources will continue to be available after the service. They can be accessed without logging into the chat room, but they don't include the prayers (or the companionship!).

Ros

Post by Ros » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Last week we took a wander through the herb garden at Glastonbury Abbey. This week we will make a brief visit to the Abbot's kitchen as we reflect on Mark 14:12-25 and the theme of "Bread and Wine".
Bread small.jpg
You are very welcome to join me at 8.30 pm (BST) in the chapel. You will need to enter the chapel via the "Lenten Journey 5" link in Chapel and Chat so that you will be able to view the audio-visual resources. If you have a slow connection, you may want to come a little early so that the resources have time to load.

The final reflection in this series will focus on Joseph of Arimathea and the post-resurrection birth of the church. This will be on 18th April - in two weeks' time.

Jennifer

Wednesday Evening Worship.

Post by Jennifer » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi Everyone,
Please do join us for the worship service-He is Risen, Thanks be to God!!- in the chapel tonight at 8.30pm. You are very welcome to join me, even if you're a little late just come along and join in.

Please enter the chapel via the viewtopic.php?f=33&t=839&p=8808#p8808%2 ... 0Risen..."link in Chapel and Chat so that you will be able to view the audio-visual resources. If you have a slow connection, you may want to come a little early so that the resources have time to load.

The resources will continue to be available after the service and can be accessed without logging into the chat room.

Ros

Wednesday Worship

Post by Ros » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:09 am

Thorn 14 small.jpg
Our worship this week comes from Glastonbury Abbey and will be the final part of the series begun in Lent. As part of our Easter celebrations, I will be reflecting on Mark 15:42-16:8 and the legends surrounding Joseph of Arimathea.

You are very welcome to join me at 8.30 pm (BST) in the chapel. You will need to enter the chapel via the "Glastonbury Journey 6" link in Chapel and Chat so that you will be able to view the audio-visual resources. If you have a slow connection, you may want to come a little early so that the resources have time to load.

The resources will continue to be available after the service and can be viewed without logging in.

Jennifer

Wednesday Worship

Post by Jennifer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Everyone,
Please do join us for the worship service- "Risen God, Life of the World" in the chapel tonight at 8.30pm. You are very welcome to join me, even if you're a little late just come along and join in.

There is a video/music which we will have to do the old way of clicking on the link, as YouTube won't let me embed it in our chapel.

Ros

Wednesday Worship

Post by Ros » Wed May 02, 2012 12:42 pm

You are all welcome to join me in the chapel at 8.30 pm GMT today as we continue our Easter celebrations. Please enter the chapel through the "Power of Love" link in Chapel and Chat if you want to view the resources.

Jae
Auxilium

Wednesday Worship

Post by Jae » Wed May 02, 2012 2:49 pm

Just to say that all services will be starting on the time announced so if you know that you want to come along to any of them, please can you arrive on time.

If you are late or know you cannot get there for the start time, that is absolutely fine. Just come in quietly and join in at whatever part the service has reached, you are still very welcome. :thumbs:

Thank you
In the triumph of prayer
Twofold is the spell.

Evelyn Underhill <><

Jennifer

Wednesday Worship

Post by Jennifer » Wed May 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi Everyone,
Please do join us for the worship service, "Joys and Sorrows"- in the chapel tonight at 8.30pm. You are very welcome to join me, even if you're a little late just come along and join in.

Please enter the chapel via this viewtopic.php?p=8533#p8533%20 so that you will be able to view the audio-visual resource. If you have a slow connection, you may want to come a little earlier so that the resource has time to load.

Look forward to seeing you later. :flowerface:

Ros

Wednesday Worship

Post by Ros » Wed May 16, 2012 10:59 am

Our prayers this Wednesday will focus on "Justice and Peace" and the work of organisations and groups such as Christian Aid who are working for change.

:votive1: :votive1: :votive1:

You are all very welcome to join me at 8.30 pm in the chat room chapel.

Please enter the chat room by clicking on this link. This will allow you to see the audio-visual resources.

Alternatively, go to Chapel and Chat and click on the "Justice and Peace" thread (at the top). The resources will continue to be available here after the service.

Please don't worry if you are late. When you enter the chat room lobby, just come straight to the chapel and join in. Nobody minds as long as you come in quietly. However, it would help us to start on time if those coming for the start of the service could be there a couple of minutes early.

Thanks

Jennifer

Wednesday Worship

Post by Jennifer » Wed May 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi Everyone,
Please do join us for the worship service, "Celebrating Spring"- in the chapel tonight at 8.30pm. You are very welcome to join us, even if you're a little late just come along and join us, when you enter the chat room lobby, just come straight to the chapel and join in. It would help us to start on time if folks could be there a couple of minutes early.

Please enter the chapel via viewtopic.php?f=33&t=853&p=8904#p8904 so that you will be able to view the audio-visual resources. Or, you can go to Chapel and Chat and click on the "Celebrating Spring" thread. The resources will continue to be available here after the service. If you have a slow connection, you may want to come a little earlier so that the resources have time to load.

Look forward to seeing you later. :flowerface:

Ros

Wednesday Worship

Post by Ros » Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Jen :)

I'm so sorry I missed this. I had a long and busy afternoon and evening on Tuesday, with the result that I was on another planet for most of yesterday. I knew there was *something* I was forgetting yesterday evening, but couldn't think what it was :redface:

Enjoyed looking at the videos this morning, though :)

Ros

Wednesday Worship

Post by Ros » Wed May 30, 2012 10:59 am

Hi Everyone!
Soaring 1 small.jpg
You are all very welcome to join me today (Wednesday) at 8.30 pm (BST) in the chat room chapel for reflection and prayer on the theme of wind and Spirit.

So that you are able to see the audio-visual resources during worship, please enter the chat room as follows: Log in and go to Chapel and Chat. Then click on the "Wind of the Spirit" thread (at the top).

Please don't worry if you are late. When you enter the chat room lobby, just come straight to the chapel and join in. Nobody minds as long as you come in quietly. However, it would help us to start on time if those coming for the start of the service could be there a couple of minutes early.

The resources will continue to be available in Chapel and Chat after the service and can be viewed without logging in.