anger

If you have an overwhelming urge to explore the weightier theological ideas, this is the place to seek fellow-travellers.
truthseeker

anger

Post by truthseeker » Wed May 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Hallo,

i seem not to find the right people to talk to about an anger problem; i observe myself and the fact i develop strong anger towards my mother-in-law which is a fantastic caring lady, but tries to behave too much as my own mother - this is to say she tries to put her nose into my own affairs, which even don't have much in common with my life with her son - my husband; she does that simply by asking too many questions about certain areas of my life, which i find frustrating and imposing;

now, i have to say i am mature but i have very old fashioned and traditional father, something like a victorian father, so for me anybody who reminds me of him just frustrates me; i know some parents are like that and will be even if we are 35-40 years of age;

i my case, i start develop this anger, i start blaming my husband and getting into silly quarrels, which is not nice and i realize this situation kills a lot of my family everyday life enjoyment and shouldn't be the right situation for a believer, because believe it or not, i believe in Jesus and love Him very much and despite that, i am not able to forgive easily; i know that, i've been observing myself years now, i try to stop myself, but the anger doesn't disappear;

does somebody think a special long-term prayer would help, christian counselling ( i don't know where to find a good and trustful person, trained to do that ) or simply leaving the things the way they are and just ignoring my overmotherly mother-in-law?

Ernest
Auxilium

anger

Post by Ernest » Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Truthseeker, you seem to have an issue with anger management, which you attribute to your Mother In Law, but underlying that it's apparent from the rest of your post there are other issues, which contribute towards it.

You mention Christian Counselling The Association of Christian Counselors have a website to help people to locate a Christian Counselor close to them:

http://www.acc-uk.org/pages/1420.htm

Your own Church Vicar/Pastor will probably have addresses of some close to you, but be aware that they may charge for their services.

In terms of Anger Management, there are courses available which might be prescribed by your GP, have you considered talking to him/her about these issues?

Another possible route is to see if your church or a local church provides a healing ministry through prayer or other means. Because if they do, speaking confidentially to them might be an option. Healing ministry is not just for the physical body, but for the spiritual and emotional health as well.

Do you have a trusted friend who you can share your feelings with who might be able to acts as a go-between for you with your mother in law? Just a thought really.

Off course, it might help if you discussed this frankly with your spouse and mother in law, letting them know how and why these feelings arise and the anguish and anger which results from it - they might be totally unaware of it - and while they might feel hurt by it, surely having it in the open air might well resolve and heal the issues between you all.

:votive1: Prayers for you as you struggle with this
:votive1: Prayers for inner calm and peace as you deal with the unwanted attention.
:votive1: Prayers for you being able to find a way forward in peace and harmony.
Where there is hope and love there is life!
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!

Emle

anger

Post by Emle » Wed May 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Ernest wrote: :votive1: Prayers for you as you struggle with this
:votive1: Prayers for inner calm and peace as you deal with the unwanted attention.
:votive1: Prayers for you being able to find a way forward in peace and harmony.
Amen :hug:

truthseeker

anger

Post by truthseeker » Wed May 22, 2013 9:10 pm

:votive1: :votive2: :hug:

thank you, Ernest and Emle!