Hope

If you have an overwhelming urge to explore the weightier theological ideas, this is the place to seek fellow-travellers.
Ernest
Auxilium

Hope

Post by Ernest » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:38 am

We commonly hear people saying that they hope for.......... meaning that something good will happen or they will accrue some advantage. But is that really hope or a sense of acquisitiveness? Certainly, we can hope for these things, but what is hope for a practicing Christian?

The old and New Testaments are bursting with words of Hope, in that we place our hope and trust in the Lord and not in purely human or worldly ambition.

Psalm 39:7 says “And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you".

Isaiah 43:33 says "But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

1 Peter 1:3 says "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead"

And Paul gives us numerous reasons for hope in his letters. My favourite is Romans 12:12 "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer"

And my great hope is in Revelation "Then God will create a “new heaven and a new earth” (Revelation 21:1), which will include the “New Jerusalem” (v. 2), the capital city of heaven, a place of perfect holiness, which will come down from heaven to the new earth. This is the city where the saints—those whose names were written in the “Lamb’s book of life” (Revelation 13:8)—will live forever".

So, how do you express your hope for a brighter future in our Lord, Jesus Christ?
Where there is hope and love there is life!
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!