The New Reality

If you have an overwhelming urge to explore the weightier theological ideas, this is the place to seek fellow-travellers.
Pam
Web Pastor

The New Reality

Post by Pam » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 pm

Good to hear! God never stops surprising us!

rogerjames

The New Reality

Post by rogerjames » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:28 pm

rogerjames wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:02 pm
....I fear, however, that CO-19 will become part of our epidemiological backdrop and we can expect it to offer an on-going threat for some time. It is not in the nature of effective pathogens to kill off their prey species and fizzle out - why would they? They will "want" to keep us going for as long as possible.
Roger
I'm afraid we may soon find ourselves back-tracking as stricter precautions are advised. We are already considering how best to handle big occasions like Remembrance Day and the Christmas season. Live church services are being re-transmitted on Facebook and this seems to be appreciated. The churches are also examining their social role in the village - the support they can offer to those in need, and how to deliver this.
Roger
Roger James

Good Words are worth much, and cost little. George Herbert
[Outlandish Proverbs No 155]

Ernest
Auxilium

The New Reality

Post by Ernest » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:41 pm

I suspect that many churches will be reviewing what they are doing and will be doing. Things change so quickly that we could be back in lockdown in days.

But as it is all so unclear, I won't second guess what might happen, although, so far, the indications are that Public Worship will continue both online and in Covid Safe, Church Buildings.

I fail to see why pubs and social entertainment venue's have remained open, albeit with early finishes, why churches like ours, only open twice a week, perhaps on a third day a week for a Baptism, Wedding or Funeral, strictly controlled, should be obliged to close again?

The longer lockdown really damaged the mental health and well being of many, young, old or just middle aged, who were isolated from their loved ones and from the things that they hold dear. It damaged those young people who missed out on exams, and than were damaged again for the results fiasco.

It damaged uni students who were kicked out of their accommodation, but were expected to pay for it, even though they were not living there. It disrupted many businesses and put hundreds of thousands out of work, which will become worse when the furlough finishes at the end of October.

Targeted lockdowns are kinder, and I think that will happen. Government trying to control everything from the centre, was slow to react. We need more local autonomy regional or centred on specific communities. Damage limitation and saving lives has to be the priority for us all.

There is a blame game going on at the moment, when we should be uniting and fighting the enemy, which is a disease, we will have to live with for the future, hopefully with a viable vaccine, like the Flue vaccine, which can be updated, year on year to enable people to live lives in the new normal.
Where there is hope and love there is life!
God is Life!
God is Hope!
God is Love!
God Is!!